2011年3月15日 星期二

Dragon Age 2 Review

Dragon Age 2 has finally released on 3/8/2011, I have waited so long for the sequel of Dragon Age: Origins, the only game that I have played for more than 100 hours and gain 15 pounds because I refused to go work out and just called room services when I was living in the hotel. However, I am quite disappointed by DA 2, it is nothing like I have expected. Many reviews have said kind words on the game, especially how it has changed the traditional RPG style that there is always an evil entity awaiting to be defeated by the Heroes. I believe the political struggle of the character has been exaggerated, one of the unique features of DA is that: your decision is changing the world. In DA 2, you make decision but I sincerely doubt if these make things different. Simply saying, I expect something epic not just a daily decision that the results are determined by the developers.

Whether there is an evil entity is not my concern, considering the sega of DA universe, I am discontent about how the characters are stuck in one city only. Maybe BioWare is thinking to keep releasing further titles, if it is the case, DA 2, at best is just an expansion of the DAO. It is quite pathetic that in the game, the characters have repeatedly suggested that the main character has changed the world; sadly, nothing has been said about how the character has impacted the world, besides hi defeat of the Templar. As a player, this does not make any sense at all, I want to know more how things have been changed. When I finished the game, my first feeling is: WTF that's it? What's next? Unlike DAO, I do not see the storyline of DA 2 as a finished one, it leaves to many things unanswered and as storyline is one of the most playable features of the DA universe, it is sad to see BioWare has undermined what it has built beautifully at DAO.

To be fair, DA 2 is a good game compare to most of the games on the market. But, comparing to DAO, DA2 is just a B side disc, it lacks vigor and sparks. Maybe I have expected too much and that's why I am disappointed. My final ranking to the game 6.5/10 as a sequel of DAO, 8/10 as something independent from DAO. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言