2011年5月19日 星期四

做野有做野好,讀書有讀書好。

21/5/2011-1/6/2011: Finish packing the roof
1/6/2011-31/7/2011: Finish Dissertation
1/8/2011-31/8/2011: Finish Research Paper 2

After finishing all the paper on hand, quite frankly it is a relieve; having been to any class in this semester makes me feel like I am no longer a student; barely finishing the essays in time constitute shows my priority in life. It is quite obvious that, I enjoy making money as a private tutor because it feels good. On the one hand, my effort are factually changed to statues that I adore; on the other hand, the academic results of students who have taken my lessons have significantly improved. 

Yesterday, James told me that it would be out last session because tuition is a burden of his family; honestly, my feeling is mixed. After chatting with his parents for a while, I believe his decision is the decent one; considering his education background, it is better for him to allocate his resources on other means than struggle for a pass at the HKDSE. 

If I am linking this with God, I will have to thank God because, in the past few weeks I have been too occupied by my work; I went sick for a few days, my time spent on gym has been reduced and I dont even have time for my study. Now, considering the cases on hand, I can consume more time on my study. Furthermore, Kwan has asked me if I want to help him on a summer class, I am tempted, because teaching critical thinking, evidence by my students' performance, is a must nowadays. However, for a 3 months course, I have to plan what to teach my pupils rather than just go there for a class to class base. So, if we are executing the class, it implies that my time will be packed once again.

I love having more jobs because 1 more job means 1 more statue per month but fewer time on my researches. If you ask me whether I concern about my financial well being, it is a lie to tell you I have none. I have been haunted by the shadow that once the company is going to list, which is happening, I will be written off. Positively, I can maintain my life through working harder but like most of us, I would rather have a secured life. Furthermore, being a male private tutor, I have been starting on a false ground, most parents long for a female tutor, which unless I am going to give up my penis, there is nothing I can do. Back to very basic, life is about uncertainty, but as a Christian, I have learnt a lot in these few years, if there is anything God wants to teach me, it should be grasp Him as hard as I can because being secured in a hostile environment is what God desires me to behave.

沒有留言:

張貼留言